Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Our Reunion is Just Around the Corner!


So the reunion is just around the corner...


...and not only is it making me think that the summer is flying by (which it already is!), it's also making me think of some of my favorite memories from camp. As a camper, I would spend months getting ready for camp. I was packed for session 4 as soon as school ended. I had my trunk filled with clothes in every shade of red and blue you could imagine. Bug Juice, the MTV original series, would start late Spring and that would be it. I was in the camp mode. I'd watch every episode, then get on AOL and email and Instant Message my camp friends about it. Yes, I said AOL and Instant Message. Do campers today even know what that is? Do they think it's for "old people"?

Now that the sun is shining and the temps are warming up, I definitely feel the ping of nostalgia knowing that I'm not packing up my trunk this year (and haven't for 11 years) to get ready for camp. But I do have the reunion. This year having the reunion at Camp Hayward is amazing. I haven't spent more than 15 minutes at Hayward in...years. And even then I only made it as far as the new office! Will camp still smell like camp? Will all the cabins be just how I remembered them? Will I walk through camp and remember the silly inside jokes that were created out side the bathrooms or by the waterfront? I guess I'll just have to see in a few weeks!


Register fore the reunion here!


~ Krysten Duarte




1 comment:

  1. Well, a reunion is always an enjoyable program. People comes in the program to meet their former classmates, friends from University, School and Collage. We also arrange reunion program for black peoples. You can know more about this from Faba Fest

    ReplyDelete